Creating a new standard for sales tracking and loyalty management Read the Case Study here
2. Information We Collect
Adaptris collects information from you in two ways: directly from your input and automatically from your use.
a. Information You Provide
The types of personal information that Adaptris collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Job details and other professional background information;
- Comments, feedback and other information that you submit to Adaptris; and
- Interests and communications preferences.
b. Information Collected Automatically
Adaptris also automatically collects certain information that tells us how you use Adaptris services, including:
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform, unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used and pages you visited or searched for on Adaptris; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with any specific individual, such as browser and device information, anonymous usage data and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law. When we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
c. Cookies and Similar Technologies
3. Use of Your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Provide Adaptris services to you;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Enable you to personalise Adaptris services and to select content you want to access or to share with a third party;
- Notify you about changes or updates to Adaptris and other products and services, including those belonging to related third parties;
- Provide you special offers and other information about related events, products and services and to invite you to participate in surveys, competitions and promotions, as determined by your choices and communications preferences;
- Evaluate and improve Adaptris and other products and services and to develop new products or services;
- Identify and analyse usage trends and determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- Provide technical, product and other support and help keep Adaptris services working, safe and secure; and
- Comply with our legal obligations.
4. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with:
- Our affiliates, trading names and divisions within Risk Solutions & Business Information (for a list, visit http://www.reedbusiness.com/about-us/locations) and other RELX Group companies that provide technology, customer service and other shared services functions; and
- Our service providers, suppliers, agents and representatives, including customer support, email and IT service providers
We also may share your personal information with our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties that wish to send you information about related products and services that may be of interest to you.
We also may need to disclose your personal information:
- to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
- to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others; and
- if Adaptris, or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Adaptris may let you post and share personal information, comments, materials and other content. Any information that you disclose publicly may be collected and used by others, may be indexable by search engines, and might not be able to be removed. Please be careful when disclosing personal information in these public areas.
5. Children’s Privacy
Adaptris is a business to business service provider. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 and Adaptris’ products and services are not targeted at children under 13.
6. Your Communications Preferences
You can manage your communications preferences when you register for Adaptris services, by updating your account preferences, by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive, or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to Adaptris services whenever necessary.
7. Access to Your Personal Information
Adaptris may allow registered users to directly access their account information and make corrections or updates upon login at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user.
You may also request access to other personal information about you that you have provided to us through Adaptris and have any inaccuracies corrected by contacting us, subject to applicable law. To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to verify your identity.
If you request to deactivate your account or delete your personal information, we will endeavour to fulfil your request in accordance with our policies but some personal information may persist in backup copies for a certain period of time and may be retained as necessary for legitimate business purposes or to comply with our legal obligations.
8. Data Security
We use a variety of administrative, physical and technical security measures intended to safeguard your personal information.
10. Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
Your personal information will be transferred to and stored in servers and facilities located outside of the country where you live, which may have different personal data protection rules than in your country. When we transfer your personal information, we take steps to ensure that your information remains protected as required by applicable law, including through the use of binding written contracts.
11. Contacting Us
Last Updated: 9 February 2016